Three times the fun now added!









Thursday, October 20, 2011

In which I gush...

 
about Harry Potter.

I finished the last book last night and I cried, becuase it was so good.  I can't help it, I get so enthralled with stories and good books that I just have a hard time putting them down afterwards.  Derrick thinks I am crazy, heck I might even be crazy becuase I am going to re-read the last 5 chapters now that I fully understand everything just to completely absorb it at lunch.  I am sad to be done with these books and I will be buying them so I can re-read them all and eventually read them Riley. 

I remember the fuss when the first book came out from some extremist religious groups and after reading them nearly 10 years later I cannot believe that anyone was worried about kids getting caught up with clearly imaginary situations.  It is so much more and to the author's credit the underlying themes in these books is incredible.  Love, loyalty, bravery in the face of danger and death, committment, sacrafice, good vs. evil, strong family ties, etc. 

I cannot recommend them anymore than I already have so seriously, read them.  It is totally worth your time and even though my house looks like it was hit by a tornado due to my need to finsh the book last night, it was still worth it!  Now I am hung-over.  I don't even want to pick up another book (for at least a few days) because nothing can compare as this was the best book I have ever read and I have read ALOT of books. 



No comments:

Post a Comment