Three times the fun now added!









Monday, May 10, 2010

Made to be a Mommy

Yes, I believe from a very early age this was exactly what I was meant to do.  I have memories of going through the Sunday paper and cutting out of the ads everything you would need for a baby like a stroller, car seat, crib, cute sheets and of course I would find and cut out a cute baby.  I was crushed when I went to my first baby shower and realized that there was no baby as of yet!  I was utterly excited at the chance or even prospect of holding a baby and continued to babysit until I was nearly 20 because I simple love kids and figured that would hold me over til' later.






Riley has been dreamed about, imagined and loved for many, many years and as I celebrated my 2nd Mother's Day with my family I was so content, peaceful and relaxed and truly happy that this is exactly what my life should be like.

We had a wonderful day that started out at church where Riley sat the best that he has EVER sat in the pew with us.  He is now a certified little pray-er...(he folds his hands when Pastor announces "lets pray", bows his cute little head and even clenches his eyes shut!)  It was a wonderful service filled with lots of encouragement and great music.  Perfect way to start the day! (that and a Mother's day mocha from my favorite little Anoka coffee shop!)  Afterwards Riley was exhausted from his day trip up to Garrison and he napped for 3 hours.  So I got 4 loads of laundry washed-dried-and nearly folded, dishes washed, dusting, vacuuming, bathroom chores and window cleaning done and I get a sick pleasure from accomplishing house cleaning so I was one happy Momma!  Riley did lend a hand with his little vacuum and Daddy finished up the dishes so it was more of a team effort!

We went to my parent's for a BBQ and enjoyed a special yummy treat of ice cream and brownies, nothing was sweeter than my victory over Derrick in ping pong though.  It was an intense game and one that I have been training to win for years and finally on my day everything was in my favor.  Riley was cheering for Daddy but Mommy was making sick shots and hardly touching the whites of the table before Daddy was whiffing at the balls.

Riley-without you I am not a Mommy.  You have changed my life, priorities and my future.  You are my breath of life and I thank God every time I get to say goodnight to you.  I love to kiss your owies and hold you when you are sleepy.  I love making sandwiches for you and getting you to dressed.  I have never been more proud of anything I have ever done-YOU make everyday special and I am so lucky to be YOUR Mommy.  Thank you for the beautiful flowers and card-You and Daddy make a good team!  I am looking forward to our special opener's weekend together because we also make a good team!

I love you Mom for teaching how to be a wife and mother and for the wonderful example you continue set.  I love you Kathy for raising a son that loves me beyond my wildest dreams and is an even better Father than I realized he could be.   I love you Derrick for believing that I could be a great mother and giving me that chance.  I love you Riley for being my Son and amazing me around every corner we have taken together.

My Mother's Day high ended in a quiet movie with Derrick on the couch and I was so giddy from the whole day I even flossed my teeth which despite my dentist's recommendations never happens for pure lack of energy by that time so I would say it was a GREAT DAY!





No comments:

Post a Comment