Three times the fun now added!









Saturday, October 8, 2011

Alyssa Marie: 8 months

Magically time seems to have slowed down a bit.  Whether it's the nice long break in between shots and check-ups or the fact that I have "stopped to smell the roses" more often these last few weeks I don't know nor do I care.  I am just happy that life has slowed down a bit and that I am getting all this time to literally breathe in this girl of mine.  She is (and her brother is also) my world.  I live for them and I cannot believe sometimes that A). I have two children B). She is here and fits into our life so seamlessly and C). that they are mine for the life.  She makes me so happy I could just explode.  I love hauling around 2 kids, showing 2 kids my attention, spending time with 2 kids, what did we ever do before these 2 were given graciously to us!?

I have been writing down "stories"in her "Tell me one more story Mommy" book and it's been therapeutic and wonderful reliving my pregnancy with her and remembering what life was like when she was shiny and new.  I just feel so lucky and so overwhelmed by my need for these 2 that sometimes it just knocks the air right out of me.  I will never forget the feeling I had when the midwife and Dr took me by the hand at 14 weeks and told me to call my husband after not being able to find a heartbeat.  We ran up to admitting, paced around at Radiology and finally took a breathe again when we saw that precious baby slowly moving around.  So like I said it's been therapeutic to put that to rest and finally put to bed all the struggles we had in just getting to being pregnant with her.  It's been a long road and we have loved her for a long time, long before she was just a baby bean on the screen.

Our Lyssi Lu peek at 8 months looks a bit like this:
*She is a belly sleeper now.  Totally freaks us out and we flip her before we go to bed and then usually I flip her again when I get up for work.  She can't roll onto her back yet so it just causes us some anxiety that with a lovey and the sniffles, sleeping on her tummy will make it hard for her to breathe.
*She eats 4 bottles a day with 6 ozs of formula in each.
*She eats solids 2-3 times a day and girlfriend will now eat anything including peas and green beans with brown rice!
*She gets so jealous when we eat in front of her.  She reaches out for our food and yells her desires for some to us.
*She has started trying to eat puffs but she is not fond of the texture yet so she dramatically coughs after putting one in her mouth and then she takes it out and stares at while yelling some more.
*She is taking a morning nap from 10-12 and then an afternoon nap usually from 1:30-3:30 or so.
*She is wearing 6 month old clothes and I have started busting out the 9 month old stuff slowly.
*She is showing zero interest in crawling and prefers to wiggle her booty around to move a few inches her or there.  We are a-okay with the immobility!
*She loves bathtime!  I get her nakey just outside the bathroom and she squeals and giggles with delight while I fill the tub.  Riley makes her laugh the whole time and she is thankfully not sensitive to continuous splashes in the face!
*She loves her johnny jumper!  We put it in a new spot now and she sprints around in that thing happily for a really long time.
*No new teeth have come in though she is still teething and drooling like never before.
*She is in bed by 7:15-7:30 at the latest and she is sleeping all night through till 7:00 a.m.
*She now calls us by Mama and Dada and it's the sweetest sounds ever!
*She is still very observant and loves to just watch people.  She takes everything in and is happy to just be around nearly anyone, anyone except men.  She really isn't comfortable with men beyond her Papa Hutch and Uncle Kyle and we would be okay with that lasting until she is at least 21 ; ).
*She loves to dance, kick her legs, wave her arms and shake her head back and forth.  Girlfriend finds the beat and jams.
*Her eyes are still crystal clear blue and her hair is still very blonde : ) She looks so much like her brother now minus the eyes and hair!

I always assumed I would be a boys mom but secretly wanted our 2nd to be a girl and now to have her here is amazing.  I am still fiercely protective of her and I feel a very special connection with her that I see grow a bit more everyday.  I love my boy and cherish our special relationship but there is something different, something delicate about the connection I have with her.  She is the only one that can break Riley out of his mood after he gets in trouble and even though Daddy is exhausted she can still get him to put her in pj's and rock her with her sweet "dada's".

We love you sweet Lulu!  Happy 8 months!
















No comments:

Post a Comment