Three times the fun now added!









Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Mama Mojo

It's that magic that gets you up in the morning, keeps you going throughout the day and brings you to the finale at the end of the night where two little pj'd kiddos are finally sleeping peacefully allowing you the peace and quiet to reflect upon how you just rocked and knocked out another day.

Somedays I am left wondering where the heck my mama mojo went to.  This happened a few weeks ago.  I had made dinner on Wednesday and actually made Thursdays dinner as well so when I got home with the kids on said Thursday all I had to do was start the oven and enjoy 35 minutes later.  Derrick was working late again and it was 4 hours till bedtime.  Only 4 hours and I could hardly muster up the gusto to preheat the oven.  I desperately tried to get my game face on and it was nowhere to be found.  I considered calling my Mom but she had the kids all day so then I considered my sister but she was still working and then working out so I thought maybe there was a sliver of a chance that I could just suck it up and perform.  Major Mom fail.  I had no energy.  There was gusto to muster, no wind in my sails and no confidence to wrangle and care for the two children of mine.  I was defeated for absolutely no good reason.  I had had a good day at work and was excited to pick up the kids but when we got home to a messy house my mojo had deflated and was nowhere to be found.

I LOVE Thursdays.  It is my favorite day of the week.  Mostly still dating back to FRIENDS and ER airing on Thursday but also because it's the night before the last of work and I am usually given a second wind looking forward to just one more day working for the man.   I started counting minutes and then bargaining with myself that if I could just make it 50 more minutes we could just call it a night, turn on the TV and veg out.  I can't believe I am admitting this but I didn't make it 5.  I broke down and started texting/begging Kyle to come over and lend me some moral support.  He agreed and was just enough help that I fed all of us, cleaned up a bit and actually enjoyed just sitting back and watching him play Uncle.  Derrick finally made it home (I am being dramatic, most nights he is home for dinner and for sure home for bedtime) and he was able to take over the parenting duties so I could half-heartedly drag my poor self to the couch and sit.

I should note that I now look back and realize that this is to be expected after being on antibiotics for nearly 10 weeks.  Does anyone know what taking antibiotics and the birth control pill at the same time can do?  Haha...we are not pregnant!  But I did get you-know-what 4 times in 10 weeks.  You-know-what is not a friend.  So being that this was the 4th go round with the enemy I am shocked I made it that far.  Needless to say I ditched the antibiotics which were doing nothing for my peri-oral dermatitis (Note: That is a nice way to say that I looked a hot mess with a red, itchy, dry rash around my entire mouth.) and decided to see the Dermatologist.  After calling to make an appt and hearing booked until December I pulled out one more desperation card and actually got squeezed in on Monday where the Dr said indeed I have a severe case of peri-oral dermatitis aggravated by pregnancy and the after effects of hormones which was further aggravated by my allergies of everything under the sun which now includes my current facial lotion and makeup. (RIP Mary Kay Timewise and Bare Minerals)

Anyways long story short, I am on high dose steroid cream.  I do not look like a clown anymore and my mojo returned after putting to rest that dark and dreary Thursday evening.

Moral of the story.  We can rock Motherhood and be absolutely amazing Mama's and all of a sudden be knocked over by the reality of being responsible for and raising kids.  It happens and thankfully we have people around us (mad props to Uncle Kyle) who are able to pick up the pieces and help us fix the boo boo.

I get such an adrenaline rush every morning after peeling myself out of bed at 3:50.  Ouch, I know.  It comes from realizing that THIS.IS.MY.LIFE.  It is what I make it and I am damn proud of it.  I get to work in a job I actually really like, talk to my Mom who is also our daycare provider and laugh over Riley's funny phrase of the day and how Lyssa finally took her first nap in her crib, come home to work out (or just watch TV) and take care of me for a bit before the kids wake up from nappy poos and I take off to get them.  I get to relax at my parents and indulge in a snack or two, play with the kids in the yard, laugh some more with my Mom about how the day went...and this is my everyday.  I have a great life.  I get a natural 'high' from being their Mommy and being his wifey.  It zooms me in and out of everyday and keeps me going to get dishes washed, floors vacuumed, sweet little butts bathed, tiny mouths fed and finally tired feet kicked up while reading, smiling to myself that today was a good day.

Thank goodness for the mojo and a few vanilla white chocolate mochas scattered throughout my week to keep me in step, in tune and in love with everyday.

Thanks also to a healthy 6 month check-up for sweet Alyssa Lu who is now 15 lbs 6 ozs, 26 3/4 inches long and perfect as Dr R always says.

Moving right along in the thank you dept to National Camera for my new Canon 60D and the most amazing lens I have ever owned.  I lourved my 50 mm 1.8 but the 1.4 is stunning.  I don't even know where it pulls the light from but it is ah.maze.ing.  For real.  I can't wait to get out more and get used to this new friend.  Only like $676 left till the next lens I covet.

What would a post be without a few pictures?!  From the 60D of course.  actually half from the 60D.


Houston, WE HAVE A SOLO SITTER!  : ) 



Finally a sweet shy smile instead of the mouth-wide-open-mocking-his-mama smile




No comments:

Post a Comment