Three times the fun now added!









Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Date night almost gone wrong

We don't go out very often.  We like being at home, we really like being with our children and it seems like it's just easier to go out to eat with them then ask someone to watch them but the last few weekends we have managed to go out just the two of us twice! 

Kyle called after work to see if he could swing by to see the kids and I said "yes, you can spend an hour with them while we go to eat!"  I really didn't try to pressure him but he agreed and we enjoyed El Loro complete with margaritas for two in just over an hour!  Thanks Kyle!  Sorry Lyssa Lu gave you a bit of trouble. 

This last weekend I pre-arranged Auntie TeeTee to come and watch the kids for us so we could get out for the evening.  Riley was pretty excited to see her but didn't understand why we would be leaving without him.  Makes me think that maybe date night should be more often!  He wasn't upset but he just couldn't believe that we weren't going to be eating with him!  Sweet boy.  We took off for P.F. Changs and indulged in appetizers, Auntie Changs Frappe (YUMMY!) and dinners.  It was delish and for desert we headed over to National Camera for some 'window' shopping.  I am looking for new lenses and decided that it is time for a new camera too : )  I love my camera but in the lowlight of our house it just isn't doing what I want it to do and since I am shooting a wedding with Annie in September I thought it best to upgrade pre-nuptials!  Derrick says it is the most boring store ever...I couldn't disagree more!  I really wanted to keep shopping, for my little ones of course at Baby Gap, PBK and Edelweiss Baby but after the sighs of boredom from D I thought it best that we move on...where too you ask? 

Bill's Gun Range.

It was my idea.  I thought it would be fun to shoot a few rounds.  I didn't realize that it was expensive (just over $40 to shoot not counting ammo) and that it would be downright scary. 
I have shot our handgun before up north, in the open with family and I liked shooting alot.
I didn't realize that driving into an underground super creepy parking ramp with the noise of gun shots ringing through the concrete would make me nervous.  I also didn't realize that the fact that I was in a room full of strangers all carrying guns would make me nervous.  Turns out it does.  I didn't know these people and to be perfectly honest they were 'questionable' looking characters.  It was loud, super loud.  It was hot, super hot, although my anxiety could have turned the temp up a few degrees.  I didn't realize that when you shoot a gun indoors you can actually feel the gun shoot.  You can feel the heat coming off of it, you can feel the BOOM on your chest and you can feel the shells of the people in the lane next to you as they smack you on the head and fly in front of your face.  Derrick could tell that I was panicking and I could see in his eyes that he wasn't overally comfortable with the situation either.  He is super cautious when it comes to guns and turns out being in a room with strangers and guns doesn't leave him overly comfortable either!  I finally stopped literally jumping at every bang of every gun going off and shot a few really good rounds.  I am a pretty good shot acutally and I do really like to do it but I will wait til we are up north next time where it is free and airy and a bit less sketchy feeling. 

It was early and it was nice to get home in time to put both our babies to bed before watching Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire!  I just had finished the book and we are really enjoying the movies so after an already expensive evening curling up on the couch was perfect!

Moving on the randomness that I love...

At night now Riley likes to sleep with his door open.  I asked him if he was scared and his response "me not scared mommy, me just feel better bout it open."  So for the past weekend any noise he heard he had to come out of his room and see what was going on.  I told the Dr that we were suddenly having trouble keeping him in bed for the first 30-45 minutes and he said to tell him we would shut the door if he didn't stay in bed...duh.  Why didn't I think of that one?!  Rewind to Sunday, I was doing my hair after showering following the kids going to bed...are you still with me?...when a sweet voice asked, "mommy you be weal mad if I have to come out my bed and go pee?"  I had to laugh at him then strip him down to go.  He hugged me and told me, "Hank you mommy, me love very very much."  Derrick heard the little voice and had to come back and join in for one more goodnight session. 

I love this kid...
*He was shopping with my Mom at Costco last week and when they came to the flowers he begged Nana to let him buy flowers for Mommy.  I can just hear his little voice pleading "pees Nana, pees." 
*A few weeks ago with my Dad home for his day off him and my Mom were hugging and Riley said "hey my Mommy and Daddy do that too!"  Isn't that just cute.  It makes me really happy that he sees and recognizes that his Mommy and Daddy love eachother! 
*I took him with to bring Auntie Teetee to work last Sunday (she was going out with 5 limos for a magazine spread shoot on her company and was getting dropped off by a limo at home later) and he looked so cute riding in his seat in pj's.  On the way to Katie's I was trying to start conversations with him while we had alone time and he finally said "Mommy, me not want to talk wight now."  Ouch kiddo, lucky for us he was wide awake and ready for conversation after Katie got in the car.  He told me when we got home that "that was special Mommy, me love you so much." 
*Before bed he likes to check "mommy's numbers" otherwise known as the bedside alarm clock to make sure it is actually 8:00 or later.  Then well we snuggle with him he peeks to make sure our feet aren't hanging off the bed because that must mean we aren't staying long enough for him.  He also holds tight to me and says just about every night now "mommy, you not sweep with Daddy, you can sweep with me." 
*He had his 3 year old check up on Monday.  We decided to all go and we giggled at his cute little bod in a blue gown.  He checked out "perfect" and we were pleasantly surprised that he actually measure on the BMI chart now even though in 6 months he has only gone up by 1/2 a lb! 
His feet look giant!


And random pictures taken on Daddy's phone are always fun!


Learning more and more everyday! Doesn't she look like babydoll here? 


Aren't they just freakin cute!?

*We both squealed when his new backpack came in the mail yesterday...it's uber cute and stay tuned for hopefully some uber cute pics of the preschooler with his new pack!

Lastly I received so many compliments on Riley's Thank You cards from his birthday that I just had to share them with everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment